The First Noel
- The first noel the angel did say
Was to certain poor shepherds in fields as they lay
In field where they lay keeping their sheep,
On a cold winter's night that was so deep.
- They looked up and saw a star
Shining in the east, beyond them far;
And to the earth it gave great light,
And so it continued both day and night.
- And by the light of that same star
The wise me came from country far
To seek for a king was their intent
And to follow the star wherever it went.
- This star drew nigh to the northwest
O'er Bethlehem it took its rest;
And there it did both stop and stay
Right over the place where Jesus lay.
- Then entered in those wise - men
Full rev'rently upon their knee
And offered there, in His presence
Their gold and myrrh and frankincense.
- Then let us all with one accord
Sing praises to our heav'nly Lord,
That hath made heav'n and earth of naught
And with His blood mankind hath bought.
Noel, noel! Noel, noel!
Born is the King of Israel!