Jesus, and Shall It Ever Be?
- Jesus, and shall it ever be -
A mortal man ashamed of Thee?
A-shamed of Thee, whom angels praise,
Whose glories shine thru endless days?
- A-shamed of Jesus! sooner far
Let evening blush to own a star;
He sheds the beams of light divine
O'er this benighted soul of mine.
- A-shamed of Jesus! that dear Friend
On whom my hopes of heav'n depend!
No - when I blush, be this my shame,
That I no more revere His name.
- A-shamed of Jesus! yes, I may
When I've no guilt to wash away;
No tear to wipe, no good to crave,
No fears to quell, no soul to save
- Till then, nor is my boasting vain
Till then I boast a Savior slain;
And O may this my glory be,
That Christ is not a-shamed of me!