Arise, My Soul, Arise
- Arise, my soul, arise; Shake off thy guilty fears
The bleeding Sacrifice in my behalf appears
Before the throne my Surety stands;
My name is written on His hands
My name is written on His hands.
- He ever lives above for me to intercede
His all-redeeming love, His precious blood to plead
His blood atoned for all our race
And sprinkles now the throne of grace
And sprinkles now the throne of grace.
- Five bleeding wounds He bears received on Calvary
They pour effectual prayers, they strongly plead for me
"Forgive him, O forgive!" they cry
"Nor let that ransomed sinner die
Nor let that ransomed sinner die"
- The Father hears Him pray, His dear anointed One
He cannot turn away the presence of His Son
His Spirit answers to the blood
And tells me I am born of God
And tells me I am born of God.
- O I am reconciled, His pard'ning voice I hear
He owns me for His child, I can no longer fear
With confidence I now draw nigh
And "Father, Abba, Father!" cry
And "Father, Abba, Father!" cry.